File Sync With Resume Download to Mobile RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a project in which i need to sync a SDF file created on win xp (sqlserver) with the client device (which has a sql ce on it.)

The problem that I face is as follows:

the SDF file created by replication on the server and needs to be tranferred to the device is large (around 200 MG). If the connection is lost i need to download thw whole file again (sometimes this job takes Hrs till it finishes.)

My question is this: Does the Sync Framework supports resuming Sync / download if the connection is lost while Sync is on? How can i accomplish that?

Thanks in advanced,

Liran  

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:59 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 2:16 PM

Answers

• Although if you are using sync framework to sync the data between your server (XP machine) and device

and using batches, then after a certain number of batches if the connection interrupts and your knowledge (metadata) is incremented appropriately, you do get the resumability.

Friday, January 2, 2009 9:31 PM

All replies

• The sync framework doesn't enforce the transfer mechanism or protocol to be flexible because there are so many different kinds of data to sync and sync framework is not able to understand the data.

For that reason, the resume down has to be recognized and handled specially by the specific provider developer.

Saturday, December 27, 2008 3:08 PM
    Answerer
  • Although if you are using sync framework to sync the data between your server (XP machine) and device

and using batches, then after a certain number of batches if the connection interrupts and your knowledge (metadata) is incremented appropriately, you do get the resumability.

Friday, January 2, 2009 9:31 PM