CRM 2013 with USD development RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to develope the Custom search functionality in USD which has available contact search it's not fit for my business requirement.

I plan to develop using WPF custom search functionality and then integrate into USD .

is it write way to do it?

or else i have use VS 2013->USD->CustomSearch has to build the application? Please guide me on the same..

-Regards,

Ram

Rammohan

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 4:08 PM

All replies

• The WPF Search control template we provide in the VS tools is the place to start for that.  We are working on a walk though of that functionality for our doc's and hope to have that posted "soon(tm)".

mattb.

Monday, December 15, 2014 7:50 PM
  • HI

For custom search functionality in USD we have to go for toool->USD->CustomSearch or  we have to develope one Custom search application in USD?

can you please guide me?

My actual requirement is in contact entity we have to search based on different attributes like first name ,last name mobile number etc..once i click the search button it should visible in grid based on that session has to open ... is it i have develope in wpf custom application or you guys are going toprovide some information on this it's very urgent pls help me out?

Rammohan

Monday, December 15, 2014 8:05 PM
  • Sorry for the slow response, apparently my notification settings for this forum were messed up.

If all you want to do is change how a look up is done in CRM from USD you can do that by using an entity search and fetchXML.  if you take a look at the CTI Example we have posted (here), it walks you through how to set it up for CTI events,  You don’t have to use it just with CTI though, you can use entity search from a custom lookup UI as well.

Mattb.

Saturday, January 24, 2015 5:18 AM