Error: 0xC004D401 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not technical at all. I have no idea how this happened or how to fix this problem.

I got this error message and it says either learn more or close.

Details: The security processor reported a system file mismatch error.

When I click learn more it opens up a browser to microsoft.com and when I click close it logs me off. I can't even log in to do anything.

Please help!!

Sunday, May 1, 2011 6:40 AM

Answers

• Sorry about the earlier (now deleted) post - my reader showed it as a subthread :)

Please boot to Safe Mode (tap the F8 key at boot about 2/sec, and you should be offered the Advanced Boot Menu - select Safe Mode)

you will be offered the option to use System Restore to get beack to an earleir time - take that, and try to go back to a time a couple of days before your problem surfaced.

once completed, the system should be in normal mode (hopefully fully-functional) - then run MGADiag and post the report here

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, May 1, 2011 9:06 AM

All replies

• Sorry about the earlier (now deleted) post - my reader showed it as a subthread :)

Please boot to Safe Mode (tap the F8 key at boot about 2/sec, and you should be offered the Advanced Boot Menu - select Safe Mode)

you will be offered the option to use System Restore to get beack to an earleir time - take that, and try to go back to a time a couple of days before your problem surfaced.

once completed, the system should be in normal mode (hopefully fully-functional) - then run MGADiag and post the report here

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, May 1, 2011 9:06 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 9:41 PM