CRM Dynamics 2011 - Advanced Custom Dialog Customizations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Dialogs are indeed a powerful and beneficial tool, yet I seem to find myself wanting more customizations. From what I've found, they are language specific and not supported by translations, the UI cannot be modified, and I'm having trouble sending emails to users with dialogs (I've separated this last one into another thread). I want to be able to modify the actual dialog window that users interact with, but I cannot find any supported way to do this, which is extremely unfortunate.

For example, is there any way to eliminate the display of the comments and tips panes? Or how about hiding the 'Summary', 'Help', or 'Previous' buttons? I'd also like to change the fonts and other CSS, but from what I've found none of the above are possible. The end goal is for a simple, streamlined window to increase user efficiency. Can someone help me out or confirm that these are not possible?

I have looked throughout the forums and elsewhere on blogs, etc, and I cannot find anything related to what I'm looking for. Does anyone else share these needs?

Any thoughts / comments / suggestions or further questions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

kspicer

Monday, September 19, 2011 2:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Modification of the aspx pages or CSS files would be unsupported.  The types of customizations you are mentioning above are unsupported unfortunately.

If you want to know more about supported customizations please review the SDK:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24004

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    • Proposed as answer by Jamie MileyModerator Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by kspicer Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:57 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:04 PM
  • Thanks for your answer Jamie. I thought that those customizations were unsupported, but I appreciate the confirmation. Microsoft should log this as feeback because it would be really nice to be able to do some of the above customizations on dialogs.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:57 PM
  • Since I could not get rid of the Comments field, I wanted to a task to deal with whatever someone entered there so at least the comment did not languish.

But you cannot access the contents of this field in the dialog.

Friday, October 7, 2011 7:47 PM
  • +1!

I'd love to have a bit more control over my dialog windows. My poor, dim users are easily confused and seeing the comments box befuddles them terribly! ;)

Friday, December 2, 2011 2:43 PM