Office not recognised as genuine even after validation online. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have just installed Office Home and Student 2007 (including successfully entering the product key), having bought this from a reputable source. Upon trying to download a template document in word, I get told that my office software is not genuine. I then click "get genuine" and am taken to a website saying "no product key detected" (my version of word still maintains that this has been entered). I click the "detailed validation" button as instructed, to be told that the validation was successful and that I may now use all the genuine advantage benefits.

Upon returning to word again however, the same error appears, saying that my software is not genuine. I have tried this about 7 times (including restarting word, and my computer in between attempts) but the same error always appears, preventing me from downloading a template.

Could I get some assistance in resolving this issue?

Thanks
    • Moved by RickImAPC Monday, October 20, 2008 3:25 PM Office Validation Issue (Moved from Windows XP Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows XP) to Office Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Office))
    Monday, October 20, 2008 8:52 AM

Answers

• Good Evening Tom,

First we really need the Diagnostic Test results posted back here in the thread. This is one step we use for analyzing what you are currently experiencing. Next we forumulate an answer for your specific problem. Also we would like to gather additional information.  

Please include the following information if possible: 

- Your Product Key for (Microsoft Office)

Please post the last 15 alpha/numeric characters of your product key

-  Business Location where Purchased

-  If Purchased on the Internet Please Provide the Website

-  The Alias/Username was the Individual Using Online

Usually this is prevalent with people who are selling software on auctions sites

-  Purchased Computer Brand New, Used, at an Auction, Off the Internet, or Other

Please provide the detailed information for the location.

-  Computer Commercial Built System or Custom Built by a Local Shop

Please provide all details.

-  Do You Have All Original Software from Time of Purchase

- Computer Turned in for Repairs 

If so please provide location details including webpage.

We will also await the MGA Results.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, October 28, 2008 12:53 AM
    Friday, October 24, 2008 1:30 AM

All replies

• Hello Tom Wikinson 01,

Thank you for contacting the Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) program forum. In order to receive the best support, we request all users to initially run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool.  This will try and identify the individual issue you may be experiencing.  Please provide a brief synopsis describing your customer scenario, including any dialogue, error messages, or codes. Error codes can be found in the lower left hand corner of most Genuine Advantage Web pages when an error is encountered.

By clicking the link below, you will download the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool (MGADT).  Then click the Run button. Then click the Run button again. Then click the Continue button to perform the diagnostic. The Windows tab should show, click the Copy button to paste your report to the clipboard.  Then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum by adding a post in it and pressing Ctrl V (to paste the text). Clicking the OK button will clear the Diagnostic window. Here is the download link:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

Please tell us about the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) for your copy of Microsoft Office.

1. What edition/version of Office do you have? To find your edition/version click Start, Word Options, Resources, About,there you should find the title of your edition.

·         Office Basic

·         Office Standard

·         Office Home and Student

·         Office Mobile

·         Office Small Business

·         Office Professional

·         Office Professional Plus

·         Office Enterprise

·         Office Ultimate

2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4. Please provide the customer scenario you are experiencing.

5. DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for, see this page to reference your COA:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/product.aspx?pID=358c30c9-043a-47f4-b845-4591acd268a7&cID=fab9617a-57ff-4789-9397-6dac071b19b0&method=retail&displaylang=en

NOTE: The data collected with the MGADT does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you. The information can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you for your participation here on the Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) program forums. We look forward to working with you.

Antron,

Monday, October 20, 2008 4:44 PM
  • try uninstalling, and re-installing Office. Activate by telephone. explain to the person your situation.
    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:19 AM
  • Good Evening Tom,

First we really need the Diagnostic Test results posted back here in the thread. This is one step we use for analyzing what you are currently experiencing. Next we forumulate an answer for your specific problem. Also we would like to gather additional information.  

Please include the following information if possible: 

- Your Product Key for (Microsoft Office)

Please post the last 15 alpha/numeric characters of your product key

-  Business Location where Purchased

-  If Purchased on the Internet Please Provide the Website

-  The Alias/Username was the Individual Using Online

Usually this is prevalent with people who are selling software on auctions sites

-  Purchased Computer Brand New, Used, at an Auction, Off the Internet, or Other

Please provide the detailed information for the location.

-  Computer Commercial Built System or Custom Built by a Local Shop

Please provide all details.

-  Do You Have All Original Software from Time of Purchase

- Computer Turned in for Repairs 

If so please provide location details including webpage.

We will also await the MGA Results.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, October 28, 2008 12:53 AM
    Friday, October 24, 2008 1:30 AM
  • You need to post your MGA diagnostics.
    Sunday, October 26, 2008 2:23 PM
  • Thank you motherboardlove we requested twice from the customer.

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager
    Stephen Holm
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 9:26 PM