Live Mesh Won't Reinstall RRS feed

• Question

• I have had some problems with Live Mesh not showing it was online when it was, not wanting to update, etc so I decided to repair then reinstall as some of the help had suggested.

I now can't get Live Mesh to install.  Everytime I get the following error
    "Installer encountered errors.  No such interface supported.  Get more help (Error: 80004002)"

Based on reading other threads I have tried the following:
    1. I checked Windows Update Agent.  It was a little old and i updated it

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/949104

2.  I ran the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

3.  I have checked Vista does not show the program is installed but when I try and install Live Mesh it says uninstalling before it tries to install.

4. I tried running the installer from a command prompt with /repair  and that did not work

5. I tried turning on UAC and doing an install due to old bugs that are supposed to be fixed.

6. I could not find the listed registry entries to remove

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\9D1E4BCD781B45B479E1418784C5A935

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\<YOURSID>\Products\9D1E4BCD781B45B479E1418784C5A935

7.  I tried running the following three registry commands at a command prompt

Regsvr32 %windir%\system32\vbscript.dll

Regsvr32 %windir%\system32\scrrun.dll

Regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wshom.ocx

but that id not work

What else am I missing?

It used to work.

I am running Windows Vista SP1 with an account that is a local admin,

thanks for any thoughts and ideas

Alan

Monday, September 28, 2009 10:14 PM

Answers

• Hello, Alan.
    Please submit a bug report, though you may not have any logs.
    I suspect that you may have been using (in the past) one of the early beta builds of IE8 on this machine as that can cause a problem similar to what you are seeing. I don't know the solution, but hopefully the bug report will help.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Note that you probably won't get a response to the bug report, though. It will be transferred to the internal system to be assigned to the appropriate development group.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:41 PM