CRM 3 Redeployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Scenario: CRM3 server moved from domaina to domainb, the user has tried to run the redeployment tool ontop but now cant access it.

Whats the best way to redeploy the existing server in the new domain without having to create a new one and redeploy the CRM onto it?

Thanks

Pete
    Friday, July 9, 2010 1:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Pete,

If you are moving to a new domain the you will need to run the re-deployment tool.  We have had a similar scenario.  My recommendation would be to:

-Setup new server
     -Install crm 3 / redeploy
     -re-install any previously installed update rollups.

You may have to change the database version number before redeploying if you currently have patches installed.  And since crm 3.0 can be finicky sometimes, I'd recommend trying it all out in a 'test mode', then if all worked ok and users verify that it is working ok, then doing it in a 'live environment'. 

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, July 12, 2010 2:58 PM
    Friday, July 9, 2010 2:12 PM
  • Hi Pete, here's an article about migrating CRM 3.0 between domains: http://ezinearticles.com/?Microsoft-CRM-Migration---Moving-From-One-Domain-To-Another&id=470408

Unfortunately, you're going to be be redploying CRM onto the new server.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

Friday, July 9, 2010 2:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Pete,

If you are moving to a new domain the you will need to run the re-deployment tool.  We have had a similar scenario.  My recommendation would be to:

-Setup new server
     -Install crm 3 / redeploy
     -re-install any previously installed update rollups.

You may have to change the database version number before redeploying if you currently have patches installed.  And since crm 3.0 can be finicky sometimes, I'd recommend trying it all out in a 'test mode', then if all worked ok and users verify that it is working ok, then doing it in a 'live environment'. 

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Friday, July 9, 2010 2:12 PM
  • Hi Pete, here's an article about migrating CRM 3.0 between domains: http://ezinearticles.com/?Microsoft-CRM-Migration---Moving-From-One-Domain-To-Another&id=470408

Unfortunately, you're going to be be redploying CRM onto the new server.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

Friday, July 9, 2010 2:17 PM