"Network Health at Risk" RRS feed

• Question

•  

I just got a message--broadcast to all the PCs in my house--that the "Network Health is at Risk."  When I checked it out it--in my opinion--has *nothing* to do with my network's health.  One PC failed to properly backup--a problem with the C drive.  I don't think a client hard drive problem constitutes a general "network health risk."  Furthermore, since the message broadcasts to all PCs on the network, everyone (in my case that's five PCs) gets the message--but they really don't have a clue as to what to do.  What good is that?!?

Can this message be limited to selected users and/or PCs?  Can I control what messages go out?  I really don't want everyone to see that message every day until I get this resolved!

Also, is there a list somewhere of the various messages that are broadcast?

thanks.

JRY

Monday, November 26, 2007 5:57 AM

All replies

• I haven't seen a list of messages. One certainly should exist inside Microsoft, though.

If you don't want a particular PC to see network health warnings, then you can turn them off in the connector for that PC and it will no longer see them. I turned network health warnings off for all but my own workstation. Warnings are still generated, but they won't be visible on PCs with them turned off...
    Monday, November 26, 2007 6:05 PM