Speech Server OutBound SIP Dialing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have setup OCS Speech Server 2007.  I have a SIP Peer created that is connected to my phone switch.

On my Speech Server I have installed an XLite Softphone.  This softphone talks directly to my switch on a different extension.  From the softphone I am able to make outbound calls and receive inbound calls.

In my Speech Server I have created an inbound IVR.  Calls placed to my switch are routed to Speech Server (via SIP) to this IVR.  I have some TransferCall actions which are able to transfer calls to other users (both internal extensions and external numbers).  Everything works.

However, when I try and use the SpeechServer MakeCall action to have Speech Server initiate it's own outbound SIP call, it fails.  It as though SpeechServer itself does not have permission/rights to initiate a SIP call on the switch.

When I look at the wireshark trace, I get an error 503 (service unavailable) which in the 500 range usually means that the request packet sent was correct, but the switch couldn't do it.

Does anyone have any ideas on other approaches I could take or try?

Thank you - Greg.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Greg,

what type of phone switch are you using? How is the routing to your Speech Server configured? Like a trunk?

If yes, in the configuration - can you allow this trunk to place calls? especially trunk to trunk calls?

Best regards

Jan

Thursday, May 29, 2008 8:36 PM