Renewal doesn't work and now neither does my cd burner. RRS feed

• Question

• I have renewed and paid for the subscription 10 days ago, it still shows that it's expired and now my cd burner doesn't work. Nice thing to run into right before Christmas.  What can you do to fix this? I'm not purchasing another subscription for risk of being charged for 2.  Please email me and let me know what I need to do.

Thank you.

Denise

Sunday, December 30, 2007 4:26 PM

Answers

• Hello, Denise. I'm sorry to read of your problems.

How did you renew OneCare? Did you renew from within OneCare and provide payment information or did you enter a new retail key. What is the status of your subscription when you sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com?

If the subscription reflects the new expiration date at the Billing site, but it is not correct in OneCare, click on Check for Updates in OneCare. Also, verify that the date and time of your PC are correct as that can mess up the expiration date and subscription status if set incorrectly.

As for the CD burner, what do you mean that it doesn't work? Is it not appearing in Windows Explorer or has it failed completely?

-steve

Monday, December 31, 2007 3:09 AM

All replies

• Hello, Denise. I'm sorry to read of your problems.

How did you renew OneCare? Did you renew from within OneCare and provide payment information or did you enter a new retail key. What is the status of your subscription when you sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com?

If the subscription reflects the new expiration date at the Billing site, but it is not correct in OneCare, click on Check for Updates in OneCare. Also, verify that the date and time of your PC are correct as that can mess up the expiration date and subscription status if set incorrectly.

As for the CD burner, what do you mean that it doesn't work? Is it not appearing in Windows Explorer or has it failed completely?

-steve

Monday, December 31, 2007 3:09 AM
  • Steve-

I renewed it by going through OneCare and paying for it by credit card that way. It says that it is "enabled" but the OneCare action or shield on the bottom task bar says that it's expired.  So, do I or don't I have the OneCare right now.  The dates were correct on the billing and payment screen.

Thanks.

-Denise

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 3:56 PM
  • And are the PC date and time correct? If you open OneCare and click on Check for Udpates, what happens?

-steve

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 8:18 PM
  • And what's the status of the CD Burner issue, by the way?

-steve

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 8:21 PM