CRM 2015 remove contact associated to an opportunity RRS feed

• Question

• We have a subgrid of proposed  contacts on our opportunity form and occasionally a user will need to remove a contact that has been incorrectly added to this subgrid without deleting or deactivating the contact as it may be associated with other records. We have been unable to find a way to remove the contact from just this record. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jenn

Thursday, November 5, 2015 4:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From your description I assume there is a 1:N relationship between opportunity and contact. In that case, you have to remove the lookup value on the contact form which references the opportunity.

Regards,

Adam

• Marked as answer by JenniferNHS Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:19 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:25 AM

All replies

• I think a relationship can help you in this or even a N:N relationship entity can help, if you want more control over this process. Can't think of any other possible way.
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 9:30 PM
  • You can add button for this.. You can hide show button based on rules. Button will call the javascript function that will deassociate the contact with opportunity.

Thanks!

• Edited by Kalim Khan Friday, November 6, 2015 8:21 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 6:24 PM
  • Hi,

From your description I assume there is a 1:N relationship between opportunity and contact. In that case, you have to remove the lookup value on the contact form which references the opportunity.

Regards,

Adam

• Marked as answer by JenniferNHS Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:19 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:25 AM