The antivirus signatures don't automatically update and you remain in red status RRS feed

• Question

• Try all The Help FAQ And The Unstall Restall And Download This And That None Of  them work It Would Go Green For A sec Then Bam Back To Red Tech Support Didn't Even Work No one Knows What [removed] Is Gonig On So Can Anyone help THis What oI Get When trying To Turn IT On

Unknown Proplems Are Previnting  Windows Live  Onecare From Truning On Automatic Updates At this time Please Try Again Later. If the Promples Persists Contact Support ( yeah They Don't know Jack)
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 5:44 PM

Answers

• If you have contact support and they were unable to resolve the problem, please request that the problem be escalated. There is something blocking the update process on your machine. What concerns me is that your subject states that it is the OneCare signature updates, but you are also reporting that Windows Automatic Updates is broken or at least is reporting that it is off.

If you are getting no support, please post the case number here and I'll do what I can to get someone to follow up.

-steve

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:14 PM

All replies

• If you have contact support and they were unable to resolve the problem, please request that the problem be escalated. There is something blocking the update process on your machine. What concerns me is that your subject states that it is the OneCare signature updates, but you are also reporting that Windows Automatic Updates is broken or at least is reporting that it is off.

If you are getting no support, please post the case number here and I'll do what I can to get someone to follow up.

-steve

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:14 PM
  • Why do I get the message that the update service is unavailable at this time, check back later?

Friday, April 18, 2008 2:36 PM
  • If something is preventing OneCare from reaching the servers, that could cause this problem.

Information to help troubleshoot and resolve update problems -

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1286736&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, April 18, 2008 4:18 PM