FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for BLINK RRS feed

• General discussion

• Update: May 1, 2015. Facebook upgraded their share APIs and we are in the process of onboarding the changes. Due to this, sharing of Blinks on Facebook will not be possible for new users until further notice. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Download

• Where can I get the current version of BLINK?

Version 2.5 released on Oct 6th, 2014 is the current version. You can download it from the BLINK home page or directly from the app store here

• Version History
    Version 2.5
    - Noise Removal: Automatic noise removal from photos makes your Blinks looking their best. This is especially useful in low light conditions.
    - Multiple bug fixes
    Version 2.4 (March 20, 2014)
    - Fresh new look: New branding and refreshed UI elements throughout the app.
    - Dual Modes: Switch easily between two modes - Blink mode to edit and share your animations, and still mode to save and share the perfect shot.
    - Focus Lock: Tap on the screen to lock focus in that the region. That region will always remain in focus even across phone movements. Tap again to unlock.
    - Improved stabilization: Even better video stabilization so that your Blinks play without any camera shake or jitter.
    - Live Tile: Pin Blink to the start screen and see your perfect shots on the live Tile. (Note: might require a phone reboot or a unpin/re-pin for live tile to start showing.)
    - My Blinks: A new gallery view in the Blink roll to quickly jump among captured Blinks.
    - Tutorial: An interactive tutorial is included to quickly get you going.
    - Orientation lock: Bug fix to orient Blinks correctly on sharing, under orientation lock.
    Version 2.3
    - Fix for Nokia Lumia 1520 phones

Version 2.2
    - Stay focused all the time - the app automatically triggers the focus based on face detection and phone motion. 
    - Better stabilization - improved image alignment keeps your BLINK sequences free from jitter and shake.
    - Export GIFs to share via Skydrive - export your favorite BLINKs as animated GIFs to Skydrive. Look for the option in the share menu.
    - Metadata - now your pictures saved to camera roll will have the timestamp and location information in the image EXIF properties.
    Version 2.1
    	- Fix for occasional jumps in BLINKs while sharing

Version 2.0 - Camera settings - change camera settings such as scene mode, exposure, white balance and ISO in capture mode - Animation - Quickly set the motion range for animation in addition to selecting the best shot after capture - Sharing - Share the animations to BLINK.so.cl, Facebook, or Twitter - In-app viewing - View the animations in the in-app history, wait for a moment and they start animating! - Web gallery - From the in-app history, view your shared BLINKs in the web gallery - Save another - Your BLINKs are always saved within the app. Come back and save another shot to camera roll or change the animation range via "edit" in the in-app history

Version 1.2 released on April 4, 2013

-      Flash support

-      Easier access to edit and share menus for previously captured sessions

-      Link to forums in “about” page for FAQs, bug reports

An update was pushed on Feb 21, 2013 to make Version 1.1 available on all phones, including low memory devices.

Version 1.1 released on Feb 7, 2013

-      Fixed edit bug for certain phones

-      Fixed crashing issue for certain 820s

-      Added tap to select

Version 1.0 released on Jan 31, 2013. This is the RTM version .

Help

• Where can I learn more on how to use BLINK?

There is a demo video and a tutorial video on the BLINK home page. Alternatively, you can access the demo video within the app by launching the app and then clicking on "about" in the application bar (...)

• I really want to write to you, is there a contact address?

The best way to report feature suggestions, bug fixes and the like is on these forums. If after going through these forums, you require further assistance you can reach us at blink@microsoft.com

Installation

• Is this app available for Windows Phone 7/7.5/7.8?

Sorry, we need the API calls that are supported only in Windows Phone 8/8.1 so this app is not available for other OS versions.

Operation

• What is the resolution of the images that BLINK captures?

BLINK captures 16 images of size 1920x1080 on the Lumia 1520, 1280x720 on the phones such as the Nokia Lumia 920/HTC 8X and 800x448 on mid-range phones such Nokia Lumia 820/822/620, HTC 8S. These are platform limits for burst mode.

• Why is there no zoom in BLINK?

Due to platform limitations, we are unable to implement zoom functionality in BLINK.

• How does flash work?

BLINK has flash support from v1.2. Pressing the flash button will turn the flash on and keep it on until you turn it off (press again). In the flash “on” mode, the flash is turned off whenever you go into edit mode or history but will resume automatically if you get to capture mode.

• Help! How do I select an image?

After capture, put your finger on the yellow square and drag it to the required image. You can also slide it back and forth for a fun experience! Tap to select also added in Version 1.1.

• Is BLINK a lens app? What can I do with a lens app?

Yes! BLINK has all the features of a lens app in Windows Phone 8. You can launch BLINK by pressing the camera button and launching it from the lens picker. Also, if you are in the photos hub (camera roll) you can select any image taken with BLINK and choose "open in BLINK" to engage that image collection.

• Can I save multiple images or save all?

When you save, BLINK only saves the selected image to the photos hub (camera roll) but keeps all the images in the app isolated storage. So you can come back to BLINK at a later time and re-edit the images to save another one. Start by swiping from the left to access history and then hit the edit button.

• Save always fails.

The phone storage might be full, clear storage to begin saving again.

• I uninstalled BLINK and then re-installed it. Will my previous app data still exist?

Sorry, if you uninstall BLINK all the data stored within the app will be erased. The pictures saved to the photos hub (camera roll) will not be deleted though.

• How do I delete all?

We hope you don't have to. But the easiest way is to uninstall and re-install the app.

Fun

• How many poems have been written about BLINK?

Here's one

Thursday, February 7, 2013 1:08 AM