Windows 7 64-bit Connector RRS feed

• General discussion

• Because when I searced for 'Windows 7 64-bit Connector' I only discovered a few posts concering Vista 64-bit.

Thank you Satya –

I reloaded a copy of 32-bit Vista on one of my older machines and installed the WHS Connector from the HP Installation Disk.

I then updated the HP software to version 1.3.8+++  Afterwards I updated the WHS PowerPacks in three downloads.

I reconnected my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit machine and my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit laptop.  Under ‘My Computer’ I went to ‘Network’ to ‘Server name’ to the public ‘Software’ folder.  I started the HP installation from Install.exe rather than the Microsoft Setup.exe. 

When the WHS Connector asked for the ‘Server name’ password I was unable to type into the field in the box.  I then opened ‘password hint’ and then closed the popup window.  I was then able to enter the password.

Everything is working perfectly including the Windows Media Center connector.  (Although I have not done the backups for my two machines or the WHS on the USB drive that I was previously using.)

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 12:28 AM