Sitemap Editor - How to link to a view or form RRS feed

• Question

• So I installed the new Sitemap Editor from CRM Labs and I understand how to link to an entity but can someone please describe for me how to link to a view or a form.  I think you use the url parameter but what format does it need to be? Everything I try fails.  I am a newbie so please give as much detail as you can, thank you so much.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Do you intend to add a subarea that will load a custom form/view? Can you describe to me what you intend so I may give you step by step instructions? These SDK links would also be very helpful for you as the SiteMap Editor just exposes the fields that you need to edit in the sitemap itself:

You can just add a new subarea, then set an Id and the correct Url. This step by step blog in using the editor should also be a good start for you - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2012/02/06/microsoft-dynamics-crm-sitemap-editor-walkthrough.aspx

Thanks,

Maria

Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:56 PM
  • Hi,

What I am trying to do is

Department 1

• Accounts
    • Contacts
    • Opportunities -> Link this to a custom view

Department 2

• Accounts
    • Contacts
    • Opportunities -> Link this to a different custom view

In the SiteMap Editor, I have a new sub area called Opportunities, id: new_oppts, icon: (blank), url: (this should be something like /_root/homepage.aspx?etn=opportunity&viewid=(big number string), pass params: (not sure if this should be checked or not), entity: (blank)

Thursday, April 19, 2012 7:34 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Here's what you can do:

• Get the viewid of the view by going to the entity you want to view, changing the view, and from the ribbon, click on the dropdown in "Copy a Link" and "Of Current View". Paste the contents to any editor (e.g. notepad), and you should be able to extract the viewid.
    • So the format should be Url=“/_root/homepage.aspx?etn=<entity logical name >&amp;viewid=%7b<GUID value of view id>%7d”
    • More information on building the URLs can be found here
    • You don't need to check pass params unless you need to pass in data for organization and language context (more info here)

I hope this solves your problem.

Thanks,

Maria

• Proposed as answer by Maria Joaquin Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:03 PM
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:24 PM