Live Mesh folder just keeps coming back? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a folder (called 'Giles') in my live mesh that I want shared with a friend, and my home PC.  However, I am also meshing other folders to my work PC.  I keep selecting that the Giles folder should never sync with my work PC, however, it keeps coming back as a faded shortcut icon, and I have to make the selection again!  It's annoying, and shouldn't happen - what can I do to make live mesh take my word for the fact I don't want to sync that folder to this machine?!
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 1:32 PM

Answers

• This is by design - it has been discussed here before, but I can't find the thread right now.

As a workaround, simply delete the "transparent" folder shortcut icon from yor desktop. That worked for me, the folder didn't come back.

Stefan Krueger, Microsoft MVP - Windows Installer, www.InstallSite.org
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:21 PM

All replies

• This is by design - it has been discussed here before, but I can't find the thread right now.

As a workaround, simply delete the "transparent" folder shortcut icon from yor desktop. That worked for me, the folder didn't come back.

Stefan Krueger, Microsoft MVP - Windows Installer, www.InstallSite.org
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:21 PM
  • We've also had a number of requests from customers to change this behavior.  Please feel free to add this to our Suggestions sticky.

Thanks,

Ben.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 11:49 PM