none
Prometric refund is it possible??? RRS feed

• Question

• I took my first microsoft exam to a prometric centre in Mauritius, unfortunately I failed the exam. A few hours later I schedule another exam. I got some problems on thair website when I was making the payment online, I got an error message that I was not charged for this transaction but I receive a mail that my exam was successfully re-schedule and my first exam history changed from 27th April 2012 ( the date I took the exam) to 4th May 2012 (the date i schedule my 2nd exam), Prometric charge me a re-schedule fees instead of a full exam fees. When I asked Prometric for a refund they told me me that I reschedule my exam thats why I was charged this amount and no refund will be made instead they will change the exam history date from 4th may 2012 to 27th april 2012.

It's sad to said that whatever action we would take, prometric will not change or make any improvement because they are they are monopolising microsoft exam.

I am still waiting an answer for there final decision.

My question is, how can they refund me my monoey back???

:( :(

Thursday, May 24, 2012 7:58 AM

Answers

• Having scheduled/rescheduled/cancelled many exams with Prometric, I have to say there’s something not right with what you’ve stated in your question. 

An exam which has already passed/cancelled cannot be rescheduled.  Furthermore, for an exam to be rescheduled, you would need to use the Schedule/Cancel an Exam link on the Prometric website, not the Schedule an Appointment link.  These are two completely different functions.

During the reschedule process you are also asked to confirm that you want to reschedule your exam and you are shown both your old and new schedule details so that there’s no confusion on what it is you are doing.

Based on the above, I find it hard to believe that you rescheduled an exam which had already be taken and that you rescheduled the exam in error. 

With regards to the rescheduling fee Prometric charged you, unfortunately that's a dispute between you and Prometric and not something Microsoft can do anything about.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:20 AM

All replies

• Having scheduled/rescheduled/cancelled many exams with Prometric, I have to say there’s something not right with what you’ve stated in your question. 

An exam which has already passed/cancelled cannot be rescheduled.  Furthermore, for an exam to be rescheduled, you would need to use the Schedule/Cancel an Exam link on the Prometric website, not the Schedule an Appointment link.  These are two completely different functions.

During the reschedule process you are also asked to confirm that you want to reschedule your exam and you are shown both your old and new schedule details so that there’s no confusion on what it is you are doing.

Based on the above, I find it hard to believe that you rescheduled an exam which had already be taken and that you rescheduled the exam in error. 

With regards to the rescheduling fee Prometric charged you, unfortunately that's a dispute between you and Prometric and not something Microsoft can do anything about.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:20 AM
  • You believe it or not but it is possible to reschedule an exam that has already been taken. I have experience it. Let me explain to you what happen:

My exam was schedule for 9.15 A.M. So I start the exam at 9.30A.M and end it at 10.30A.M (Normally the exam duration is 2Hours and I completed it in 1Hour).

I went to my office which was near the exam centre to schedule another appointment as I failed the first attempt of the exam. My exam status was not showing failed, I had the possibility to reschedule the exam. It is by 1.00 P.M that the status was showing failed, by the time I had already schedule another appointment for the 4th of May and this appointment was not visible on my history instead the exam that I failed on the 27th of April 2012, the date has now become 4th May 2012.

Prometric already charged me for that and they said that no refund will be made instead they have changed the date from 4th May to 27th April.

Apparently there is a bugs on prometric website.

• Proposed as answer by Amare1982 Friday, June 8, 2012 2:51 AM
    Friday, May 25, 2012 8:04 AM
  • Thanks for the clarification S.Ram. 

I was aware that Prometric’s website doesn’t get updated immediately as it’s up to individual exam centres to transmit results to Prometric.  I wasn’t aware though that it was possible to reschedule an exam when the original scheduled time slot had already passed.  Based on what you’ve stated, you have a very good case against Promeric and I would urge you to make a formal complaint (in writing) to them.

Unfortunately I don’t think Microsoft could assist you in this process though

Jeff Wharton

• Proposed as answer by Amare1982 Friday, June 8, 2012 2:51 AM
    Friday, May 25, 2012 8:11 AM
  • I have send severals mails to Prometric but they said that no refund will be made to me. I have also asked them if I could get a discount voucher so as when I will reschedule my next exam the 15GBP will be deducted from the full amount. It would be grateful if you could if you guide in this process.

Monday, May 28, 2012 7:59 AM
  • Mr. Wharty, please see below the mails that I send to Prometric concerning the refund:

Dear Candidate,

This issue has been forwarded to our tech team with the request to change the date.

The 15 GBP can not be refunded since you rescheduled a your original booking  yourself.

Kind regards,

Prometric

Noorderwagenplein 6

8223AL Lelystad

The Netherlands

+31 320 239 800PHONE

+31 320 239 864FAX

www.prometric.com

The information contained in this message and/or any attachments may be confidential and is intended for a specific recipient and purpose and is protected by law. If the reader of this message including any attachments is not the intended recipient or entity or you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and permanently delete the information from any computer. This is a notification to you that any review, distribution, dissemination, or copying of this communication in whole or part is strictly prohibited if you are not the intended recipient.

Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:36 AM
    To:
    Subject: Kindly assist....Information Technology (IT), Mauritius(nl)

Hello

Referring to the mail below, and the proof that I sat for the Exam on 27th April 2012 and not the 4th of May 2012 I send to you,
    I am still waiting an answer from you concerning the 15GBP that you need to refund me.

Thanks,
    It would be grateful if I could get an answer as soon as possible as I need to schedule another exam.

Regards

Subject: Kindly assist....Information Technology (IT), Mauritius(nl)
    Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 13:35:31 +0400

Hello

Referring to the mail below, and the proof that I sat for the Exam on 27th April 2012 and not the 4th of May 2012 I send to you,
    I am still waiting an answer from you concerning the 15GBP that you need to refund me.

Thanks,
    It would be grateful if I could get an answer as soon as possible as I need to schedule another exam.

Subject: RE: Kindly assist....Information Technology (IT), Mauritius(nl)
    Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 19:13:38 +0400

Dear

Please find attach a  copy of my score report as proof I have taken the Windows 7 Exam on April 27 2012.

I hope that you will do the necessary for me as soon as possible.

Thanks

Regards

>
    > Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 10:09:09 -0400
    >
    >
    > Dear Candidate,
    >
    > Thank you for your contacting Prometric.
    >
    > We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties while
    > re-registering your 070-680 test via our website.
    >
    > Please be advised that currently we are unable to action your request,
    > we will need to receive a copy of your score report where is stated that
    > you have taken the test April 27, 2012.
    >
    > We trust to have informed you sufficiently at this time and waiting for
    > your reply.
    >
    > With kind regards,
    >
    > Prometric
    > Noorderwagenplein 6
    > 8223AL Lelystad
    > The Netherlands
    > +31 320 239 800 PHONE
    > +31 320 239 864 FAX
    >
    > www.prometric.com
    >
    > The information contained in this message and/or any attachments may be
    > confidential and is intended for a specific recipient and purpose and is
    > protected by law. If the reader of this message including any
    > attachments is not the intended recipient or entity or you have received
    > this communication in error, please contact the sender and permanently
    > delete the information from any computer. This is a notification to you
    > that any review, distribution, dissemination, or copying of this
    > communication in whole or part is strictly prohibited if you are not the
    > intended recipient
    >
    >
    >
    > -----Original Message-----
    >
    > Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 6:56 AM
    > > Subject: Kindly assist....Information Technology (IT), Mauritius
    >
    > Area of Study: Information Technology (IT)
    >
    > Testing Program: Microsoft
    >
    > Location: Mauritius
    >
    > First Name:
    >
    > Last Name:
    >
    > E-mail Address:
    >
    > Subject: I would like a reimbursement or compensation
    >
    > Confirmation Number: ********
    >
    > Exam Name or Number:
    >
    > Questions or Comments: Dear sir,
    >
    > Referring to your mail you sent to me on 07/05/12. You mention that I
    > took my exam on the 04th of May 2012. For your information, I did not
    > took any exam on the above mention date, instead I took my exam on the
    > 27th of April and I failed that exam this can be confirm with my centre.
    >
    > Moreover, on the same date (27th april 2012) I wanted to schedule an
    > exam for the same exam (70-680)for the 04th may 2012, but I encountered
    > some issues while scheduling the exam on your website.I received a
    > message that I was not charged on your website but I received a mail
    > that an exam that I have failed has been re-schedule?? The exam cost is
    > 66GBP but 15GBP was charged by your system.The 15GBP is an over payment.
    >
    > I don't want reimbursement of the exam from you but instead I want to
    > schedule an exam which cost 66GBP and I want that the 15GBP overpayment
    > be deducted from the 66GBP. That all I want.
    >
    > Again if you want any clarification about the date I took the exam, you
    > can confirm this from my centre.
    >
    > Regards

• Edited by S.Ram Monday, May 28, 2012 6:36 PM
    Monday, May 28, 2012 8:38 AM
  • Please edit your reply and remove all email addresses and names.

Jeff Wharton

Monday, May 28, 2012 8:52 AM
  • I have send severals mails (see above) to Prometric but they said that no refund will be made to me. I have also asked them if I could get a discount voucher so as when I will reschedule my next exam the 15GBP will be deducted from the full amount. It would be grateful if you could if you guide in this process.

s.ram

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:53 AM