none
create image of Windows 8.1 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• we have an image of Windows 8.1 Pro named Image1. Image1 is used to install computers in a classroom. The Image is redeployed to the computers between classed and must be redeployed to the same computer several times a day , 
    we need to create an image of Windows 8.1 that includes Windows 8.1 Update. How can we achieve this goal, please help to advice ?

Approaches we are think of the following....

Use online servicing and Windows Update.
    Use online servicing and Msiexec.
    Use offline servicing and Disim.
    Use offline servicing and Windows Update.
    • Moved by Stanly Fan Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:44 AM from clickonce
    Sunday, July 30, 2017 1:28 AM

All replies

• I suppose the easiest way is, as you mentioned, creating an image of Windows 8.1 drive (partition, HDD, SSD) and restoring it into other computers.

I use Acronis TrueImage for creating and restoring. (the latest version is 2017, but 2014 is the best, I believe)
    I always do restoring like this:
    (1) boot TrueImage from USB flash memory (it's very fast, less time-consuming)
    (2) select an image on network drive (I use NAS) and restore it.

There exist similar software. Please refer to the following page.
    The Best Disk Imaging Software
    http://www.toptenreviews.com/software/utilities/best-disk-imaging-software/

Ashidacchi

• Edited by Ashidacchi Sunday, July 30, 2017 4:51 AM
    Sunday, July 30, 2017 4:50 AM
  • Sorry if my post was not bit clear,

my understanding of the question was , how we are going to take best choice to approach by making image of Windows 8.1 that includes Windows 8.1 , 

Approaches we are think of the following. ?

Option A) Use online servicing and Windows Update.
    Option B ) Use online servicing and Msiexec.
    Option C) Use offline servicing and Disim.
    Option D) Use offline servicing and Windows Update. 

Monday, July 31, 2017 1:33 AM
  • Hi Johnson Punniyalingam,

We must have different idea about "making image of Windows 8.1 that includes Windows 8.1".
    As for my understanding, none of Options (A-D) is not applicable to "making image of Windows 8.1".

Would you explain what "online servicing" and "offline servicing" is? 

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Monday, July 31, 2017 2:45 AM
  • Hi Ashidacchi san,

Sorry it was my typoo mistake :( 

we need to create an image of Windows 8.1 that includes Windows 8.1 Update. 

my understanding of the question was , how we are going to take best choice to approach by making image of Windows 8.1 that includes Windows 8.1 Update , 

Approaches we are think of the following. ?

Option A) Use online servicing and Windows Update.
    Option B ) Use online servicing and Msiexec.
    Option C) Use offline servicing and Disim.
    Option D) Use offline servicing and Windows Update. 

Monday, July 31, 2017 4:44 AM
  • Hi Johnson Punniyalingam,

The following may miss the point for your question... (I can not understand still now)

As I mentioned before, I use (Acronis) TrueImage. The reason why I use it is for backup of my PC image.
    I'm using a several PCs for software development. I receive Windows Update monthly, and Windows 10 is upgraded semi-annually. 
    All of my data files (including software I develop) are in my NAS (using two NASs: one is original, the other for backup). I don't worry about data files in these NASs (RAID 5), but am anxious about some faults on storage or Windows. So I make image of C drive (partition) using TrueImage when big changes happen on PCs, i.e. monthly Windows Update and semi-annual upgrading in Windows 10. This is the same on my Windows 7, 8.1.

Well, I'd like to know the meaning of "online servicing" and "offline servicing". What is it?

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Monday, July 31, 2017 5:16 AM