Netbook Restore RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Acer netbook.  I have the restore cd on a bootable thumb drive which I have used on other boxes.  The thumb drive is fine :)

When I boot my Acer it does not find the server(s)  (I have 2 online as I type).

If I add drivers for home server retore on a second drive it then loads the wireless adapter, but still does not find a server.

If I connect a cable directly from my acer to the HP, it still does not find a server.

Has anyone done a restore to an Acer netbook?

Hint....you do not have to wipe your drive to test this.  Just boot with a thumb/usb drive and see if you get to pick a backup from a server to restore.

Thanks.

Still.....
    Grey
    Friday, March 6, 2009 11:46 PM

All replies

• Still Grey said:

I have an Acer netbook.  I have the restore cd on a bootable thumb drive which I have used on other boxes.  The thumb drive is fine :)

When I boot my Acer it does not find the server(s)  (I have 2 online as I type).

If I add drivers for home server retore on a second drive it then loads the wireless adapter, but still does not find a server.

If I connect a cable directly from my acer to the HP, it still does not find a server.

Has anyone done a restore to an Acer netbook?

Hint....you do not have to wipe your drive to test this.  Just boot with a thumb/usb drive and see if you get to pick a backup from a server to restore.

Thanks.

Still.....

Grey

Do you have your router setup as a DHCP server?
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 12:51 AM
  • Fair question, except if you read the part about when I connect directly to the HP box.  This excludes all router/dhcp stuff.  If you have not tried it, it works a charm.

I do have the answer.........  Will post soon.....  and it is a sad story for WHS.

Still...
    Grey
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 3:16 AM