error code 0xC004F061 RRS feed

• Question

• dell laptop purchased from retailer with windows vista ultimate.

I purchased widows 7 home premium upgrade disk. Installed op sys and all was well.

ran spyware removal tools and now I get non genuine error message please activate.

When I try to activate and type my number I get error code 0xC004F061

an phone support doesn't seem to be able to help me.

Last phone support gave me a tech support number to call which is not connected. LOL

any insight, help, advice?

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:53 AM

Answers

• "The Lady Lillian" wrote in message news:82227534-749b-4f11-9713-031975a9f853...

dell laptop purchased from retailer with windows vista ultimate.

I purchased widows 7 home premium upgrade disk. Installed op sys and all was well.

ran spyware removal tools and now I get non genuine error message please activate.

Last phone support gave me a tech support number to call which is not connected. LOL

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
    - IN YOUR OWN THREAD, please

IT’s likely that you installed without reading the instructions – you MUST upgrade from within Windows – and installed by booting from the DVD.
    The MGADiag report will tell us the best way to proceed.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, September 26, 2011 9:30 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:50 AM

All replies

• "The Lady Lillian" wrote in message news:82227534-749b-4f11-9713-031975a9f853...

dell laptop purchased from retailer with windows vista ultimate.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
    - IN YOUR OWN THREAD, please

IT’s likely that you installed without reading the instructions – you MUST upgrade from within Windows – and installed by booting from the DVD.
    The MGADiag report will tell us the best way to proceed.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, September 26, 2011 9:30 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:50 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, September 26, 2011 9:30 PM