Increase: the folder password function RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, Mesh Team.

I advice to increase the folder password funciton.

Microsoft China Community Others Management
    Sunday, December 7, 2008 5:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Leo,

I'd add this to the Suggestions Thread - I know that Ben looks at this regularly and passes it on to the team.

Some quick questions first:

1. Do you mean the opportunity to set specific passwords per folder?
    2. Would these passwords be asked for when anyone accessed the folder on the machine, live desktop or only when attempting to share the folder (i.e. sync it to their account)?
    3. Doesn't the option to share a folder cover your needs by allowing you to choose who can see the folder and what access they have?

• Marked as answer by Leo Chen Monday, December 8, 2008 2:33 AM
    Monday, December 8, 2008 12:32 AM
  • Thanks for your help!

Leo: Not each folder. It is a option for user.

2. Would these passwords be asked for when anyone accessed the folder on the machine, live desktop or only when attempting to share the folder (i.e. sync it to their account)?
        Leo: Control to who can access the folder when public computer.

3. Doesn't the option to share a folder cover your needs by allowing you to choose who can see the folder and what access they have?
        Leo: Yes. I see. This function for publice computer user only.

Microsoft Windows Live Chinese Community - Leo Chen [Stationmaster] Microsoft Windows Live MVP | Windows Live Butterfly
    Monday, December 8, 2008 2:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Leo,

I'd add this to the Suggestions Thread - I know that Ben looks at this regularly and passes it on to the team.

Some quick questions first:

Monday, December 8, 2008 12:32 AM
  • Thanks for your help!

Leo: Not each folder. It is a option for user.

Leo: Control to who can access the folder when public computer.

Leo: Yes. I see. This function for publice computer user only.

Microsoft Windows Live Chinese Community - Leo Chen [Stationmaster] Microsoft Windows Live MVP | Windows Live Butterfly
    Monday, December 8, 2008 2:28 AM