access child business unit roles if you are admin RRS feed

• Question

• HI guys

i got one question about access to child business units. not sure why i am not able to do that.. can anybody please help me

I got one Student  Business unit and have admin role but when I try to access any of the roles in the student  business unit I get access denied.

This is the same if we try it from the overall business unit main we cannot access/edit any of the roles in the children business unit.

We can see the Security roles in mainbusiness unit and access them.  I can even see them when I am in a child unit of main

Do any have any idea why we can’t access/edit the roles?

Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:49 AM

Answers

• Roles in the child business units inherit all their privileges from the role from which they were created and cannot be edited. You have to edit the parent role.

For example, if you have a root BU and a child BU. A copy of any roles you create in the root BU will exist in the child BU, but you can modify the child BU's roles because they are copies; you have to edit the roles in the parent BU instead.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:52 PM