Managed code using SALT Interpreter activity RRS feed

• Question

• I have a managed code program that uses SALT interpreter activity to execute an existing SALT program. In this case the Managed Code program answers the call first.

Can I invoke the SALT interpreter activity before answering the call and let the SALT page answer the call? We have some difficulty with it and before I go too far with it, I want to make sure that it is indeed supported.
    Monday, February 15, 2010 3:33 PM

All replies

• If you are using Speech server 2007 this is not going to work.

Is there a reason your Managed code cant answer the call?
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 8:52 AM
  • Sometimes there is a big delay between the time carrier provided ringing stops and the SALT app to answer. The delay seems to be due to compiling scripts etc. I am hoping that some of that delay can be eliminated if SALT answer the call and start the first prompt. If there is any delay in that, the caller will continue to hear ringing.
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 12:24 AM
  • Speech Server 2007 can run a SALT app - just add the application in the management console.

But in reality Speech Server just runs SALT and VXML apps through a managed code wrapper that it applies automatically. Look for the virtuals OcsVoiceXMLApplication and  and OcsXHtmlApplication.
    Marshall Harrison - http://GotSpeech.Net
    Monday, March 8, 2010 5:43 AM