Timesheets RRS feed

• Question

•  

Maybe I’ve underestimated things, or miss interpreted the way the timesheet system works.

If i have 5 tasks assigned to me in a plan, 7.5 hours each, Monday to Friday. And at the end of the week i login to my PWA and see that theses tasks are available to book to. So i go ahead and put 7.5h for each of the tasks. I had expected the plan to update progress automatically to 100% for each of those tasks, once approved by the timesheet manager, but it doesn’t!

What am i doing wrong. I thought I had asset it up to allow progress to be updated by timesheets.    

Monday, January 16, 2012 3:30 PM

Answers

• Which version of the Project Server are you using?

·          in both versions the Timesheets (time information) and Tasks (progress information) are separate, and will need to be synced up.

·          In 2010, you have the option of Single Entry Mode, which helps integrate both time and progress views.

In summary, if you are using 2010 and have SEM enabled, then the PM will also need to accept the Task Updates and publish them.

If you are not using 2010 or do not have SEM enabled, then you will need to either import the data, and submit progress, which the PM will also need to accept the Task Updates and publish them.

Hope this helps.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by gdallas Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:22 PM
    Monday, January 16, 2012 6:20 PM

All replies

• Which version of the Project Server are you using?

·          in both versions the Timesheets (time information) and Tasks (progress information) are separate, and will need to be synced up.

·          In 2010, you have the option of Single Entry Mode, which helps integrate both time and progress views.

In summary, if you are using 2010 and have SEM enabled, then the PM will also need to accept the Task Updates and publish them.

If you are not using 2010 or do not have SEM enabled, then you will need to either import the data, and submit progress, which the PM will also need to accept the Task Updates and publish them.

Hope this helps.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by gdallas Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:22 PM
    Monday, January 16, 2012 6:20 PM
  • Yes, 2010

Thanks for that : -)

Monday, January 16, 2012 9:06 PM