none
Fresh Server 2016/SC 2016 DPM Evaluation VHD and DPM cannot start RRS feed

• Question

• I stood up an evaluation VHD of Server 2016 / SC 2016 DPM (from https:// www. microsoft. com/ en-us/ download/ details.aspx?id=54508) and when running the mini-setup of DPM the services do not start and the event viewer shows an error 17051 - SQL Server evaluation period has expired. I started over from scratch and got the same error again. The O/S says 180 days remaining... is this a problem with the evaluation VHD or something else?
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi John from VT,

>>SQL Server evaluation period has expired.

From a SQL Server guy’s perspective, there is not much we can do. When evaluation period has expired, the only option left is to upgrade to a paid version of SQL Server, or you just re-build the system from scratch.

If you think there’s something wrong with the VHD, I’d suggest you post it in DPM forum for better response.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 31, 2017 10:09 AM