Limit user storage space? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to limit amount of user storage space? I'm giving my sister and mom access to the WHS for viewing of photos and home videos, and wanted to give them a little bit of storage space, but don't want them to upload 50GB of data, saturating my internet connection or consuming too much storage space.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:18 PM

Answers

• There is no way to implement disk quotas on Windows Home Server. Because of the design of Drive Extender, actual files are not owned by individual users.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by MarkBx Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:05 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:59 PM

All replies

• There is no way to implement disk quotas on Windows Home Server. Because of the design of Drive Extender, actual files are not owned by individual users.
    • Marked as answer by MarkBx Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:05 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:59 PM
  • Thanks. I guess that's fine then. I'll just have to threaten to delete their files for them if they don't... Oh another family conflict waiting to happen.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:05 PM
  • Delete files?! Wrong answer!

"Honey, if you keep putting stuff on the server, I'm going to have to buy more disk drives!"

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:53 PM
  • Delete files?! Wrong answer!

"Honey, if you keep putting stuff on the server, I'm going to have to buy more disk drives!"

LOL. Not so much my wife, but mom and sister. I am letting them use it as a temporary storage location for their stuff they want to access wherever they are. I doubt they'll fill it up much, but my mom already is talking about scanning all her paper files, etc. EEK! Hope she doesn't use like 100000dpi!
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 2:31 AM