Not a valid Win32 app RRS feed

• Question

•  

When I tried to install the free trial of One Care I received the following error message when I tried to run the app.

SetupOneCare [1].exe is not a valid Win32 application.  What do I do now????  Help!

Saturday, September 27, 2008 12:49 PM

Answers

• This appears to be a duplicate file. Look for a file named “SetupOneCare.exe” on your desk top and try that one if you can find it. If not, change the name of the “SetupOneCare[1].exe” file to “SetupOneCare.exe” (without quotation marks) and try it again. If that doesn’t work, delete the file and download a new copy. Contact OneCare Support if you continue to receive this error message: http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

GreginMich

Saturday, September 27, 2008 4:32 PM

All replies

• This appears to be a duplicate file. Look for a file named “SetupOneCare.exe” on your desk top and try that one if you can find it. If not, change the name of the “SetupOneCare[1].exe” file to “SetupOneCare.exe” (without quotation marks) and try it again. If that doesn’t work, delete the file and download a new copy. Contact OneCare Support if you continue to receive this error message: http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

GreginMich

Saturday, September 27, 2008 4:32 PM
  • dakingslady,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare Program forums.

Typically, errors such as these indicate that the exe does not have the program files rather it is a placeholder for the Windows Installer script.  As GreginMich explained, remove that executable and redownload the SetupOneCare.exe from OneCare's website and/or CD to do a reinstallation.

I hope this helps,

Lori MS

Monday, September 29, 2008 4:03 PM
  • Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Yes, this helped. I was able to install the program and am now using it. So far I really like the service. Thank you both for the help.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 11:54 PM