none
Cannot Install Money Sunset. Locks up my computer. RRS feed

• Question

• Help.  I have downloaded the setup file and saved to a file.  When I try to install the program, my computer locks up to the point I've had to manually shut it down about 6 times now.  I've disable all my firewall, virus protection, etc to see if that would change anything, to no avail.  I ran the registry scan, it said it fixed a problem and still will not install.  I am running Windows 7.  What should I try next?  I am desperate to get my money  (2006) transferred to this new PC and I don't have the disc.  Thought this Sunset version would solve my problem.
    Saturday, January 22, 2011 7:29 PM

All replies

• Because you have Win7, don't use the default install path of C: /Program Files.  Find and select C: /Programs and be sure to put the data and backup files in some unprotected area like C:Documents.  I'm still on WinXP, but I recall reading this in other posts - do a search for the particulars.
    • Proposed as answer by ameridan Sunday, January 23, 2011 3:03 AM
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 12:02 AM
  • Are you using Norton. Back in the old days, "disabling" that was sometimes insufficient. You had to uninstall. Then you could later reinstall Norton after installing.

Also, try right clicking the install program and choose RunAsAdministrator.

Here is another thing that might be best of all. Create a new Administrative user. Login as that user, and do the install. Since the new user gets IE set up to defaults, as well as other things set to defaults, that might be the best solution for you.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 5:24 AM