Proper uninstall procedure RRS feed

• Question

• I had a problem with removing a virus with the beta and wanted to try it with the original version to see if it would be able to remove it.  I discovered through a very long conversation with support that there is a complicated manual procedure you have to go through to uninstall the beta properly so the original version will install.  Well I installed the beta again because I got invited to the photo backup service trial.  So I installed the beta again.  However I realized after installing it that my beta account and my paid account were registered with different ids.  My beta was registered with my hotmail account and my paid service was with my msn account.  Thus I want to uninstall the beta again.  However I cannot find the procedure in my email for successfully uninstalling the beta.  Does anyone know the procedure to do this?

Saturday, September 22, 2007 2:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you want to uninstall and reinstall to activate using a different Live ID, just uninstall using ***/remove programs. If you want to install One Care 1.6, uninstall the beta using add/remove programs then use the cleanup tool - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=828910&SiteID=2

Saturday, September 22, 2007 2:27 PM
  • That tool didn't work last time.  I'll have to try it again.  Well I cannot use the photo share unless I can register the beta apparently.  I cannot register the beta unless I use my other account which I'd rather not do.  Thanks for the advice.

Saturday, September 22, 2007 2:33 PM
  • Well I was mistaken.  Out of the 4 tools that tech support had me download and run, that wasn't one of them.  It worked great.  Thanks!

Sunday, September 23, 2007 12:54 PM