none
New Forums are painfully slow! RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am not a fan of these forums.  The reason being is the obsession with trying to keep live updates on who the "Top Answerers" and recent users are.  This is making the forums a painfully slow website.  I used to be able to fly through the old forums with no problem, but now that live updating is killing any speed on this site.

Please remove that "functionality."
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 2:16 PM

All replies

• Looks like the forums are now too slow even in the web standard level. I mean, if web pages are too slow, people will not stay there but click themselves away to a next site that is not slow. In internet it is very important that pages are fast, because an other site is just one click or at least few clicks or a bookmark away. MSDN forums are not usable in my opinion. They are now even slower than they used to be.
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 7:29 AM
  • You are right.....but they are still working to improve it.......to find new patches....updates ....until 2050!!!!
    dni
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 1:01 PM
  • I did try with firefox and it is moving faster .....
    dni
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 6:34 PM
  • We are working on an update to the forums to enable users to turn off live updates and tagging. We are also working on some overall ux changes to make the forums page loads faster, less script heavy. We'll probably post an announcement with a pointer to try these new forums in the next couple of weeks.
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 2:11 AM