none
MCP Exam RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I passed the following exam (070-865) in an African country and now my company are not accepting the pass and want me to write it again in the UK. Could you advise on the following:-

1. Can I rewrite this exam in the uk?

2, If my company have asked me to create a new prometric account spelling my name differently so, that I could book the exam again, Could you advise Microsoft's standpoint on this?

Thanks

Monday, November 18, 2013 4:35 PM

Answers

• Hi.

This isn't about a passed exam being on your exam history at Prometric. Instead, it's about having the passed exam show up on your Microsoft transcript!

Once you pass an exam, it is added to your Microsoft transcript. You keep that on your transcript for life.

You shouldn't be sharing your Prometric exam history or login information with anyone. That is private, personal information that is just between you, Prometric, and Microsoft. As a matter of fact, Microsoft only knows about the Microsoft exams you take. Instead, you should share your Microsoft transcript with employers or potential employers.

If Microsoft or Prometric catches you creating a new profile trying to be someone else, Microsoft and/or Prometric may deem it illegal and block you for life of ever taking an exam with them again. No employer is worth that.

Once you set up your transcript to be shared, people can come here to see it, so long as you give them the sign-in information
    https://mcp.microsoft.com/authenticate/validatemcp.aspx

Check out your Microsoft transcript here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/learning/members/en/us/mcp/mcp-default.aspx

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:45 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi.

This isn't about a passed exam being on your exam history at Prometric. Instead, it's about having the passed exam show up on your Microsoft transcript!

Once you pass an exam, it is added to your Microsoft transcript. You keep that on your transcript for life.

You shouldn't be sharing your Prometric exam history or login information with anyone. That is private, personal information that is just between you, Prometric, and Microsoft. As a matter of fact, Microsoft only knows about the Microsoft exams you take. Instead, you should share your Microsoft transcript with employers or potential employers.

If Microsoft or Prometric catches you creating a new profile trying to be someone else, Microsoft and/or Prometric may deem it illegal and block you for life of ever taking an exam with them again. No employer is worth that.

Once you set up your transcript to be shared, people can come here to see it, so long as you give them the sign-in information
    https://mcp.microsoft.com/authenticate/validatemcp.aspx

Check out your Microsoft transcript here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/learning/members/en/us/mcp/mcp-default.aspx

Good luck!

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:45 PM
    Answerer
  • Sure, you can retake an exam as many times as you want. Prometric sells the exam products and is happy to take your money. Microsoft will just ignore additional passes of the same exam. Once you pass an exam, it is added to your Microsoft transcript. You keep that on your transcript for life.

This is not correct. Once you have passed an exam you cannot sit it again.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Monday, November 18, 2013 11:41 PM
  • Fixed, Jeff - thanks!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:04 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the answer Davin, really just wanted to protect my future with MS... My Company have now accepted my pass through my transcript.

Thanks again, 

Best Regards

Zimshark.. :)

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 9:58 AM