Can't add laptop to onecare circle RRS feed

• Question

• I installed one care and signed in on it with the same windows live id I use here on my new laptop.  This says my onecare subscription ends on 8/16/2008, There is no option on this desktop to make it my hub pc but there is on the laptop.  The product id isn't accepted on the laptop.  The desktop is running xp pro service pack 2 and the lap top has windows vista home edition on it.  All I really want to do is let my laptop use my printer without having to move files back and forth.  It is a new lexmark X3430 which allegedly is compatible with both op systems.

Monday, December 3, 2007 12:54 AM

Answers

• You do not need to use product ID on the laptop. Just instal OneCare on the laptop and sign-on using the same Live ID that you used on the other computer.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 4:39 AM

All replies

• Did you install OneCare on both machines from http://onecare.live.com? Is this a paid subscription or is the desktop running the beta version of 2.0, installed prior to release of 2.0 in mid-November?

Did you subscribe to OneCare on 8/16/07 running version 1.6 on the desktop PC?

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 3:43 AM
  • You do not need to use product ID on the laptop. Just instal OneCare on the laptop and sign-on using the same Live ID that you used on the other computer.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 4:39 AM