Multiple back-ups RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to backup my data to two separate external hard drives. I'd then keep one nearby and store another at another location as double-insurance. I would update each periodically.

Will this work? For example, if I backup to drive A today; then tomorrow if I connect to drive B, which has not been updated since last week, and tell OneCare to do an Express backup of all changed files, will OneCare successfully backup everything needed on that drive, or will it "remember" what it did yesterday on drive A and think it only has to update the changes since then?

THANKS

Tom

Saturday, October 25, 2008 1:35 PM

Answers

• OneCare is not designed to deal with swapping the backup destination in this fashion. To change the drive, you would need to reconfigure the backup plan, which then means you are starting a new, full backup eash time.

-steve

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:35 PM

All replies

• OneCare is not designed to deal with swapping the backup destination in this fashion. To change the drive, you would need to reconfigure the backup plan, which then means you are starting a new, full backup eash time.

-steve

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:35 PM
  • Thanks Steve!

Thursday, October 30, 2008 7:21 PM