none
Streets & Trips 2011 not compatible with Garmin GPS RRS feed

• Question

• Streets & Trips 2010 worked fine with nuvi 660. All you had to do was left click on the route then right click, select send to GPS, follow the directions and the waypoints were sent to GPS Favorites location. Streets & Trips 2011 doesn’t have this feature. Is Microsoft going to rectify this issue?

If not it was a waste of money buying the 2011 edition when there are many other route planning software that have the feature of sending waypoints to the GPS for free i.e.. MapQuest, Google Maps, and Bing to name a few.

Saturday, March 26, 2011 7:29 PM

All replies

• I have S&T 2010 and it will not pick up my Garmin nuvi 255W when plugged in via usb.  It wants to see it on a com port.  I was surprised by this.  Goggle maps and

bing will download a location to the nuvi no problem.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 1:54 PM
  • I found out how it works.  Right Click on the route you have created and choose Send Route to GPS device.   Another window will pop up and choose Send with USB (msn direct window).  It will find your usb connected device and download the waypoints of your route to the gps.

Richard Ward K12RSGuy
    • Proposed as answer by K12RSGuy Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:25 PM
    Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:25 PM
  • The GPX import/export feature should help though.
    Laptop GPS World
    Sunday, March 27, 2011 5:57 PM
  • I cannot find a way to "send to gps" in st 2011, using trial version now so i will probably never update my 2010 version again.  i do cross country trips 2-3 times a year and this was a great feature - i guess it is no more - just ticks me off that i have to redo my next trip as i did it in 2011 (7800 mi).
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 5:23 PM
  • Beginning with Streets and Trips 2011 and continuing with Streets and Trips 2013, the GPX file created by the program produces a GPX file that cannot be imported into Garmin's MapSource or Basecamp. This problem however is easily corrected.

-Open the GPX file created by Sreets and Trips with Notepad
    -Highlight and copy (ctl-c) a part of the data string that looks something like this... <time>Invalid DateTime-08:00</time> (your data between the <time> and the </time> may/will be different)
    -Select >Edit< from the Notepad menu
    -Select >Replace< from the menu options
    -With your cursor in the "Find What" field, paste (ctl-v) the string copied in the previous step
    -Leave the "Replace With" field blank
    -Press >Replace All<
    -Save this modified file with the current or new file name - the file will now open fine in MapSource and Basecamp - now, whether anyone would ever actually want to use Basecamp is another issue all together
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:33 PM