none
HTTP Error 500.23 - Internal Server Error RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a new computer with windows 10. i download Visual Web developer 2005, which I previously used, but am unable to register it because the registration page no longer exists.  So I downloaded Visual Studio 2017 Community. I am unable to debug my existing website and received  the error message :

HTTP Error 500.23 - Internal Server Error

An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.

Most likely causes:

This application defines configuration in the system.web/httpHandlers section.

Things you can try:

Migrate the configuration to the system.webServer/handlers section. You can do so manually or by using AppCmd from the command line. For example, from the IIS Express install directory, run appcmd migrate config "Default Web Site/". Using AppCmd to migrate your application will enable it to work in Integrated mode. It will continue to work in Classic mode and on previous versions of IIS.

• If you are certain that it is OK to ignore this error, it can be disabled by setting system.webServer/validation@validateIntegratedModeConfiguration to false.
    • Alternatively, switch the application to a Classic mode application pool. For example, from the IIS Express install directory, run appcmd set app "Default Web Site/" /applicationPool:"Clr4ClassicAppPool". Only do this if you are unable to migrate your application.

I have tried each of these options shown in bold. I am only getting more error messages from the command prompt.

Any help would be appreciated

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 11:43 PM

All replies