none
How to do demos which use a lot of GUI? RRS feed

• Question

• When I teach a course related to programing (e.g. c#), I find it easy to do demos. I just type in my code into Visual studio from my note.

When I need to teach course which uses a lot of GUI (e.g. Excel), I find it difficult to do demos. I need to remember where to click my mouse now, and where to click next. What kind of note do you create to help you do these kind of demos? (The demos' instructions for these type of demos are too long for me to read while I am doing them.)

Thanks.

• Edited by pty1196user Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:46 AM
    Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:44 AM

Answers

• In my point of view from the experience I had when doing level 1 and 2 training on SharePoint 2007 and 2010 is that, I usually have some simple laboratory for the users to have.

While during the presentation, I will do a quick walk-through and allow them to have some time to practice later on with the opportunity to ask questions while the other co-instructors is around to assist.

Why I did this way is because, I don't wish to bored the users by reading them lengthy passage and going into too details as some may not be able to catch the steps properly.

It is always the golden thumb of rule to give them references. 

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
    Milton Goh
    MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
    Blog: blog.nerdytwo.com
    Twitter: @miltongoh

• Marked as answer by pty1196user Sunday, February 17, 2013 12:32 PM
    Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:33 AM