Disable/soften WHS admin password rules RRS feed

• Question

• Good evening people,

I have a question regarding the admin password (the main password for your WHS)
    I want to soften/disable the password rules, because I have a strong password, but it does not match the password policy (only contains small letters and some numbers)

Is there anyway to change the policy or to bypass it? (I have tried setting the admin's password by using "net user Administrator password")

Hardware: Aces Aspire easyStore H340
    Software: WHS PP2

(Btw: the search form for searching this forum is broken?)

Best Regards:
    Stephan (NL, Europe)
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 9:17 PM

All replies

• Good evening people,

I have a question regarding the admin password (the main password for your WHS)
    I want to soften/disable the password rules, because I have a strong password, but it does not match the password policy (only contains small letters and some numbers)

Technically, no you don't.  A password is only considered 'strong' when you you at least 3 of the 4 different character types (which yours doesn't).

Is there anyway to change the policy or to bypass it? (I have tried setting the admin's password by using "net user Administrator password")

Hardware: Aces Aspire easyStore H340
    Software: WHS PP2

(Btw: the search form for searching this forum is broken?)

Best Regards:
    Stephan (NL, Europe)

There is definitely no supported way of doing it.  I thought there might have been a way through the server's Local Security Policy, but I just checked and the strong password setting is already disabled.  Why not just capitalize the first letter in your password?
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 11:42 PM