SyncLastReceivedAnchor RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently researching how to delete from the client database by a foreign key. One particular instance is our customer history table which has about 3.3m rows. A rep can have easily 250k + rows and if they switch territories they no longer need history for say 125k of those customers. Instead of deleting each of those 125k rows one at a time I'd rather take the list of say 6000 customers that are being removed and delete by the CustomerID instead of the PK.

I don't currently think that the Sync Framework 1.0 does this so I was planning on using some of the techniques that the framework is using to accomplish this. I know that the SyncLastReceivedAnchor comes from the SqlCeClientSyncProvider.GetTableReceivedAnchor(tblName) function but the column is not formatted correctly to a timestamp. It looks like I can format it myself but is there a better way of doing this without using the entirety of the sync framework?

Friday, August 6, 2010 2:48 PM

All replies

• have you tried checking out SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2? SP2 exposes the change tracking via an API.

Saturday, August 7, 2010 9:20 PM