what is the difference between 1:N and N:1 RRS feed

• Question

• what is the difference between 1:N and N:1 if both are same then why we need both
    NarSr
    Monday, July 18, 2011 8:25 AM

Answers

• I'll explain in an example between entityA and entityB.

When you have a relationship of 1:N between entityA with entityB then you can add for 1 record of entityA more than one records of entityB. if you create this relationship this will appear on the entityA form either on the left side in the Navigation pane or as a table in the form of entityA and in the entityB form you have an option to enter it as a lookup field to choose only one record of entityA(in the entityB form this is considered as a N:1 relationship because from all the records of entityA you can choose only one).

Other example: An apple can come from 1 tree (N:1)
    but the tree can have many apples(1:N).

Please vote as helpful if it is and mark it as answered.

Please vote if I helped out :) thanks all in this forum for helping with any problem i had. Enviroment: ------------ CRM 2011 On-Premise ver:5.0.9688.583 ,Server OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit, Client OS: Windows 7 64bit, Internet Explorer 8 & 9, email router not installed, SQL Server 2008 with reports, different servers for crm and sql(1 server for crm , 1 server for SQL with report and another for the client pc),Office 2007, not the final production system but a development sytem.
    Monday, July 18, 2011 9:27 AM