VS 2008 Professional Inserts runat="server" on <tr> and <td> tags RRS feed

• Question

• VS 2008 is changing my html in unexpected ways.  Is there a reason why it would place runat="server" on <tr> and <td> tags?  It was also giving each one an ID, but I got it to stop that somehow.  This is very annoying.  Please help.

• Moved by Figo Fei Wednesday, March 24, 2010 3:05 AM (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Jerry

Can you tell us the detailed steps you did and what you're going to achieve?

Thanks.

Figo Fei
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, March 19, 2010 1:22 AM
  • Figo Fei,

Curious that you should move my post to a "Do not post here area".

The steps are not clear and I gathered 3 top shelf developers from my group (I was the fourth) around me to witness this.  I think it was only happening when I was copying and pasting code into an AjaxControlKit panel control. It would take the table which I had pasted in and changed the <tr> and <td> tags to <tr runat="server"> and <td runat="server">

While we were standing there the screen filled itself with unbreakable spaces (&nbsp;) WOW!

Previously it was also including random ID="Tr01" identifiers in the code, but when I set the Options for HTML to not Auto ID Elements for Pasted Items it stopped that. That was horrible because it was not giving me unique values.

I thought someone was playing a joke on me, but that was not the case.

Friday, March 26, 2010 4:54 AM
  • Sorry, I should have added a reply but the forum seemed not work well at that time: please use forums.asp.net for web development question.

Thanks for understanding.

Figo Fei
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, March 26, 2010 5:12 AM