none
. RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to save the java/64 bit download in program files I get this error"C:\Program Files\jre-6u22-windows.x64.exe. You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the admininistrator to obtain permission. I am the administrator, why won't it let me do this. Sorry about this, never mind.
    • Edited by pabrtank Monday, November 29, 2010 6:36 AM
    Sunday, November 28, 2010 10:03 PM

Answers

• Did ya notice that this is the "Training and Certification" forum?
    Sunday, November 28, 2010 10:58 PM
    Answerer
  • And just to give you some more information:

I asume that you are running Vista or Windows 7. Microsoft introduced a new security concept, so applications you start are started WITHOUT administrative rights. If you want to start a program with administrative rights, you either have to do it manually (e.g. rightclick and say start with administrative rights) or the application must request it (e.g. through a manifest).

In the default settings, windows will ask you then, if you want to allow this application to run with administrative rights.

And NO - you really DO NOT want to run your Browser with administrative rights. That is the worst thing you could ever do and in a company that should get you fired! And what you downloaded is an installer. Why the ____ do you want to store it in Program Files? That folder is for installed products only. So safe it in downloads (which should be default) and start it afterwards. Follow the setup steps then and that is it.

And next time please look for some technet Windows forum.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, November 29, 2010 8:06 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Did ya notice that this is the "Training and Certification" forum?
    Sunday, November 28, 2010 10:58 PM
    Answerer
  • same as this post

save it somewhere where appopriated

Monday, November 29, 2010 2:09 AM
  • And just to give you some more information:

I asume that you are running Vista or Windows 7. Microsoft introduced a new security concept, so applications you start are started WITHOUT administrative rights. If you want to start a program with administrative rights, you either have to do it manually (e.g. rightclick and say start with administrative rights) or the application must request it (e.g. through a manifest).

In the default settings, windows will ask you then, if you want to allow this application to run with administrative rights.

And NO - you really DO NOT want to run your Browser with administrative rights. That is the worst thing you could ever do and in a company that should get you fired! And what you downloaded is an installer. Why the ____ do you want to store it in Program Files? That folder is for installed products only. So safe it in downloads (which should be default) and start it afterwards. Follow the setup steps then and that is it.

And next time please look for some technet Windows forum.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, November 29, 2010 8:06 AM
    Answerer