How to edit older posts? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

first of all, Windows Live Writer is the best software I’ve ever found. It’s always hard not to laugh, when magazines or Weblogs write about so-called Alternatives. The user can’t even insert an image in the so-called alternatives. So for me WLW is #1. Especially the "new" re-design looks very nice.

But there's one tiny thing that I don't like. I have around 2,500 posts on my Weblog (Yes, I am sick!) and after several re-designs 90% of the posts look "stupid". I have to change the images, the alignment of text, etc. With WLW it's easy - but WLW "only" allows me to edit the last 500 posts.

I can imagine that syncronizing (damn word) the content of 2000+ posts ain't good for the web server, but what about a time frame - or at least a date? 

Like: "Show only posts from 01-30-2007"  or show posts from "01-30-2007 - 01-20-2008". Something like that maybe? 

What you guys think? Never missed such an option?

Thanks,

Marco
    Sunday, October 5, 2008 1:24 PM

Answers

• Ability to search existing posts is on our backlog of things-to-do, and we plan to address that in the near future. Thank you for your feedback!
    • Proposed as answer by Becky Pezely Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Becky Pezely Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:42 PM
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 6:12 PM

All replies

• I concur with Marco.

We are running a literary magazine using Wordpress with couple thousands articles already and counting.
    Besides retrieving articles by date, it would be great to be able to  retieve them by category, author, and/or tag.
    If this is possible, WLW no dount will be better than the best !

Pnguyen
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 12:43 PM
  • Ability to search existing posts is on our backlog of things-to-do, and we plan to address that in the near future. Thank you for your feedback!
    • Proposed as answer by Becky Pezely Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Becky Pezely Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:42 PM
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 6:12 PM