Inconsistent Licensing Data - cannot reach internet to fix, other options? RRS feed

• Question

• I seem to be having a problem that's somewhat common on here - when my Dell computer automatically did some updates, the updates did not go to completion, and I ended up unable to log in. I get the following error:

'Code: 0xC004E002, Description: The Software Licensing Service reported that the license store contains inconsistent data.' I've looked at the other threads and the main announcment regarding this issue, and the solution looks do-able, but unfortunately, I'm on a college campus and whenever I leave my room with my laptop I need to reconnect to the internet in order to get a connection. I took my laptop out today to go to tech support (unfortunately closed), so when I try to connect to the internet, as indicated in the steps to solving this problem, I can't get a browser to open and proceed with the steps. Do I have any other options to go about fixing this? Any way I can connect to a browser without...any connection options?

Thanks for any help!
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 1:19 AM

Answers

• Hi 

tech support from dell is 1-888-782-3355

What is your operating system?
    Diana , MSP, MSBP, .Net Developement and Visual Studio Forums Moderator, MSDN Sandbox Forums Moderator http://djartsinc.spaces.live.com Smile,,,Share Some Sunshine
    Monday, April 20, 2009 4:31 AM