Class Not Registered Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using using a StarTeamSDK104.dll in my VB.Net project. I created an executable for the project and shared it with team. The .exe file works fine for many users. But, few users are getting Class Not Registered Error when executing the .exe file.

I went through various suggestions available in the forum. Registering dll,  Verify target platform, etc. but still nothing helped.

Any solution or suggestions on this?

Regards,

Naveen C.

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:19 AM not VS general forum issues and not sure which appropriate forum this thread can be moved to
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:04 PM

Answers

• Nothing comes to mind that would assist you with keeping your app from running into this issue again outside controling how the updates are done to prevent this.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, June 10, 2013 7:38 PM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:18 AM
  • In addition to what was suggested previously, I'd ask Borland, since you are using their DLL.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:09 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Most likely there is one or more files mising that this DLL is depentent upon on the machines the DLL fails to function, best to contact the author of this DLL for assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:31 PM
  • Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. 

I identified the reason which might be the problem. But still looking for a solution.

The dll file that I was referring (StarTeamSDK104.dll) in my program is updated in the latest version of StarTeam. Few users have updated the latest version of StarTeam(having StarTeamSDK110.dll) where the dll(StarTeamSDK104.dll) I was referring was removed. 

Is there a method that I can follow by which my program will be independent of the changes made by the users on StarTeam(i.e. independant on the dll file located in users system).

Regards,

Naveen C.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:26 AM
  • Nothing comes to mind that would assist you with keeping your app from running into this issue again outside controling how the updates are done to prevent this.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, June 10, 2013 7:38 PM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:18 AM
  • In addition to what was suggested previously, I'd ask Borland, since you are using their DLL.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:09 PM