Average Resolution Time Report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to create a report in CRM and I need a bit of help. My manager asked me to create a report which shows the duration of each case in CRM from case creation to case resolution. I joined the tables and created the report in Visual Studio. I subtracted the time created from the time resolved and now we have a resolution time. My manager has now asked me to create a report which shows average time to resolution for a given period.

For example, my manager would like to run a report which shows that today for all the cases logged in CRM, the case have been resolved within an average of five hours. I am not quite sure how to go about doing this.

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Many Thanks
    Mark
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:28 PM

Answers

• Hi.

Following script will give you average case resolve time:

SELECT
    	Avg(DateDiff(minute, CRMAF_FilteredIncident.createdon, FilteredIncidentResolution.createdon)) AverageWorkInMinutes
    FROM
    	FilteredIncident AS CRMAF_FilteredIncident 
    	INNER JOIN FilteredIncidentResolution ON FilteredIncidentResolution.incidentid = CRMAF_FilteredIncident.incidentid
    WHERE     
    	(CRMAF_FilteredIncident.statecodename = 'Resolved') 
    	AND (CRMAF_FilteredIncident.casetypecodename = 'Requested by Client')

Truth is opened the prepared mind

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)free countersLocations of visitors to this page
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:54 PM

All replies

• Hi, Mark.

You can use AVG function of T-SQL. Check this url .

My blog (english)
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:35 PM
  • Hi

Thanks so much for all your help. I would like to ask if you would please assist me with my SQL query.  I able to write basic SQL queries however this seems a bit out of my depth.

My query currently looks like:

SELECT DISTINCT
                          CRMAF_FilteredIncident.statecodename, CRMAF_FilteredIncident.customeridname, CRMAF_FilteredIncident.createdon, CRMAF_FilteredIncident.title,
                          CRMAF_FilteredIncident.owneridname, CRMAF_FilteredIncident.casetypecodename, CRMAF_FilteredIncident.ticketnumber, FilteredIncidentResolution.createdon
    FROM         FilteredIncident AS CRMAF_FilteredIncident INNER JOIN
                          FilteredIncidentResolution ON FilteredIncidentResolution.incidentid = CRMAF_FilteredIncident.incidentid
    WHERE     (CRMAF_FilteredIncident.statecodename = 'Resolved') AND (CRMAF_FilteredIncident.casetypecodename = 'Requested by Client')

Where would I go about inserting the average function?

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it.
    Mark
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:46 PM
  • Hi.

Following script will give you average case resolve time:

SELECT
    	Avg(DateDiff(minute, CRMAF_FilteredIncident.createdon, FilteredIncidentResolution.createdon)) AverageWorkInMinutes
    FROM
    	FilteredIncident AS CRMAF_FilteredIncident 
    	INNER JOIN FilteredIncidentResolution ON FilteredIncidentResolution.incidentid = CRMAF_FilteredIncident.incidentid
    WHERE     
    	(CRMAF_FilteredIncident.statecodename = 'Resolved') 
    	AND (CRMAF_FilteredIncident.casetypecodename = 'Requested by Client')

My blog (english)
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:54 PM
  • Hi

Thanks so much for your reply. I now have an idea as to how to go about this. Just one quick question though. I would like to show 'AverageWorkInMinutes' for a given time period with all the additional fields like CRMAF_FilteredIncident.customeridname, CRMAF_FilteredIncident.createdon, CRMAF_FilteredIncident.title, CRMAF_FilteredIncident.owneridname, CRMAF_FilteredIncident.casetypecodename, CRMAF_FilteredIncident.ticketnumber and FilteredIncidentResolution.createdon.

Do I need to use a GROUP By clause?

Thanks again
    Mark
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 6:07 AM
  • Hi

I am start to get an idea as to how this works. I would not need all the columns listed in the post above but it would be nice if I could have number of cases, period and averageworkinminutes displayed in three seperate columns.

Would this be possible?

Thanks
    Mark
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 6:51 AM
  • HI

I got the number of cases by inserting Count (*), in the begining of the query. I did'nt think it would be that easy.

Thanks again
    Mark
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 6:59 AM
  • HI

I got the number of cases by inserting Count (*), in the begining of the query. I did'nt think it would be that easy.

Thanks again
    Mark
    Yes, Mark. Count(*) will give you number of records. Period you mean dates interval you work with?

My blog (english)
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:11 AM
  • Ya, thats correct.

Would be great if i could display this but not serious.

Thanks
    Mark
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:30 AM
  • Could you place query you use with parameters (date interval) here. I'll try to help you.

My blog (english)
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:33 AM
  • Not serious

Thanks for all your help

Really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Mark
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 9:35 AM