unsubscribe onecare RRS feed

• Question

• how to unsubscribe onecare. i want to cancel, but no way to know hwo ...they make it so difficult. please help
    Friday, December 12, 2008 11:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Nahda, to cancel your One Care subscription please contact support. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live / Windows Live One Care Forum Moderator
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 2:12 AM
  • Nahda

Or you can try calling the cancellation team at [deleted] . Note I said try.  I purchased Onecare online on 01 Dec 08 for $59.95 (Cdn) and then tried (note the try) to cancel my subscription on 3 Dec 08.  It is now 13 Dec 08 and I have made eight calls to the 1 866 number, chatted with a very nice customer assistant via the online chat (after an hour wait) and sent several e-mails all requesting the same thing. Cancel my subscription.  So far nothing.  If you happen to have any luck can you please let me know? I understand that there needs to be a process to cancel an online purchase and get a refund but there is process and then there is customer abuse and quite frankly I am now thinking iMac or Linux for my next computer. 
    • Edited by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Saturday, December 13, 2008 10:27 PM support number only valid for subscribers after validation
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 10:06 PM
  • David1001 said:

Nahda

Or you can try calling the cancellation team at [deleted] . Note I said try.  I purchased Onecare online on 01 Dec 08 for $59.95 (Cdn) and then tried (note the try) to cancel my subscription on 3 Dec 08.  It is now 13 Dec 08 and I have made eight calls to the 1 866 number, chatted with a very nice customer assistant via the online chat (after an hour wait) and sent several e-mails all requesting the same thing. Cancel my subscription.  So far nothing.  If you happen to have any luck can you please let me know? I understand that there needs to be a process to cancel an online purchase and get a refund but there is process and then there is customer abuse and quite frankly I am now thinking iMac or Linux for my next computer. 

I deleted the phone number for support as it is only available to subscribers after validation. The forum is public for all users, including trial users.
    If you have contacted support repeatedly and they have not canceled your subscription and refunded your charges, please post the case number or numbers here and I'll have support management follow up and investigate.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 12:25 AM
  • Mr. Boots

The Service request number is/was 1086706895. I received a reply on 4 Dec 08 from OneCare Customer Support informing me to call the 1 866 number listed. I have done so repeatedly and each time I always end up being directed to leave a message after holding.  This I have done several times.  As noted above, I expect a process for canceling an account and receiving a refund. What I have encountered has been a obstacle course where Microsoft was very eager to take my money but bound and determined never to return it.  Your cancellation process stinks and is a shining example of how to anger your paying customers.  Believe me I will think twice before I ever purchase another Microsoft product again. 
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 1:48 AM
  •  I'm sorry that you had to leave a message instead of actually speaking to someone. I'll ask for this to be looked into and taken care of for you. I hope that someone contacts you early next week. Please let me know the outcome.
    And it isn't my cancellation process, by the way. The moderators here, myself included, don't work for Microsoft, but are volunteers - fellow customers. I agree that the process for reaching customer service and for cancelling a subscription leaves much to be desired.
    -steve
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 3:45 AM
  • Mr. Boots

As requested I am updating you on the status of my Live One care account.  As of today 19 Dec 08 I have not been able to talk to anyone at the one care phone number to cancel my account. I have left numerous messages (where I leave the service request number, my e-mail and phone number) and have even called the Microsoft general inquires number.  The person there simply directed me to call the 1-866 number.  According to the Microsoft website I have 45 days in which to return or cancel a purchase. I have been attempting to do so since 3 Dec 08 and I am just wondering if anyone else has encountered this tactic on the part of Microsoft, because I now believe that Microsoft is simply ignoring me until the 45 day return window runs out. 
    Saturday, December 20, 2008 12:59 AM
  • I sent a request for investigation after your prior post and have not heard anything on it. Let me ping them again. There is no reason why it should be so difficult for you to have this taken care of, so I'm sorry that it has been and continues to be difficult.
    -steve
    Monday, December 22, 2008 1:01 PM
  • David1001,
    If you are stilling having a problem with this, please email me at sboots@mvps.org so that I can hook you up with support management. They should have emailed you since some time yesterday evening to follow-up on this.
    -steve
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 4:00 PM
  • Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd tag along on this topic. I've been searching for a means to cancel my Live OneCare account for the better part of two hours. All I've found so far are broken links on the website and other links that redirect to those broken links. I've searched in the forums, tried to Google a solution, and all I've found are links that redirect to those broken links.

If someone could post / give me / e-mail me the phone number required to cancel that would be fantastic. Just thought I'd mention that I'm working with a limited time frame; I only have one month to cancel this subscription before I'm billed again.
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 3:29 PM
  • Xiozhiq said:

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd tag along on this topic. I've been searching for a means to cancel my Live OneCare account for the better part of two hours. All I've found so far are broken links on the website and other links that redirect to those broken links. I've searched in the forums, tried to Google a solution, and all I've found are links that redirect to those broken links.

If someone could post / give me / e-mail me the phone number required to cancel that would be fantastic. Just thought I'd mention that I'm working with a limited time frame; I only have one month to cancel this subscription before I'm billed again.

The process is annoying, but there are no broken links. The FAQ clearly explains how to reach support - as annoying as the process may be.
    Furthermore, this thread contains my email address and instructions for how to reach me for help in reaching support. I'll repeat it here:

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/82a42955-7405-4313-b33d-bce58836be60
    I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

Note that the phone number for support will be deleted if it is posted here in the forum as it is only valid for paid subscribers and not trial users.

-steve

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 4:02 PM
  • Actually, if I go to the Live OneCare site, click on Help & Support in the left column, then at the bottom click on "Cancel OneCare", a window pops up which gives me the following error message:

Redirect Loop   

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
        * NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer.

Actually; I just realized that it does work in Internet explorer, but not in any other browser. Go figure.

Thanks anyway for trying to help.
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 4:12 PM
  • You're welcome - it should work in any browser, so if it doesn't that is a problem.
    In any event, the offer still stands - you can email me if you need help in reaching support.
    -steve
    Happy Holidays!
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 4:27 PM
  • Hi,

Just thought I would join in. I have been trying to get to the help page from many routes in the UK. I enjoy going to the MSN home page from one link and after getting all the current news, weather, etc. found it about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

The direct link from the 'Show me more topics' just ends up with:- 

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /help.aspx

Now I know it is against Microsoft policy to admit an error but its not my Vista nor is it my OneCare as they don't actually let you own the things just rent it for a short time.
    My reason for the help option is simple, I want to stop paying for a service that is going to be free soon. Of course I believe that Microsoft are going to FULLY support me when it throws the thing away and the tooth fairy will be running the updates.

So if I stop my bank paying out the direct debit set up for this I would then expect Microsoft to contact me when they don't get any money - OH now is that the way to contact the company?
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 8:34 PM
  • Bencky:

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/82a42955-7405-4313-b33d-bce58836be60
    I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.
    -steve

Thursday, January 1, 2009 2:21 AM