Sync Service won't re-uploaded deleted records to the server RRS feed

• Question

• I've been working on a test app that does upload only for some tables. I ran a test and uploaded some records. I then cleared one of the server tables via the delete key using server management studio hoping that the table would be repopulated on the next sync.  But sync services is not uploaded the records. It appears to know that eventhough there are no records in the server table, the records in the client table were already uploaded. 

how do I get around this so that the records that have been deleted outside of my app will be uploaded?  How does Sync services know that the records were already uploaded if they are not there and were not deleted via the app??

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 6:56 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:38 PM

Answers

• The behavior described above is expected. if you need the rows being sent to the server again, you can do a dummy update on them.

thanks

Yunwen

Sunday, July 13, 2008 5:02 PM

All replies

• The behavior described above is expected. if you need the rows being sent to the server again, you can do a dummy update on them.

thanks

Yunwen

Sunday, July 13, 2008 5:02 PM
  • I try and nothing happens. It's as if it knows that those records have been uploaded at one time eventhough they are not currently there.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 9:12 PM
  • could you check the __sysChangeTxBsn at the client db by selecting this from the table prior and after your dummy update ?

i.e. select keyIdColumns, [__sysChangeTxBsn] from tableName where <condition for the rows to be changed>

thanks

Yunwen

Thursday, July 17, 2008 1:28 AM