Problem taking course at Microsoft IT Academy with Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1.  I get into "Course 4105: Core Training for Microsoft Office Word 2003".  I hit the Begin button and get the following:

Micrsoft XML Core Services 3.0 or higher is required.  I loaded the current 3.0 with no change.  I found 6.0 and loaded that with no change.  I then saw there was a link on the page to test system capabilities and it wasn't finding either XML 3.0, 6.0 or Windows Media Player 11 (which I do have on my computer).  Has anyone reported a problem running Microsoft IT Academy with Vista?

My computer is a Dell Dimension DXP061 32 bit OS
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:10 PM

All replies

• Hi There,
               Please contact Farooq at learnmgr@microsoft.com and he will be able to put you in touch with the right people who can resolve your issue.

Thanks,
    Vishwajeet Kumar Mishra,
    Microsoft Learning Tier 2 Support Team.
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:24 PM
  • Hi there,
    I am signed up to the Microsoft IT academy as a student and would like to access the Server 2008 courses referenced here. When I login to Microsoft IT Academy and click My learning there are some courses there but not the server 2008 ones which are the ones im looking for. Am I doing something wrong?

I feel like im banging my head off the wall at this stage, theres no real explanation of how the system should work or help if there is a problem. I called IT Academy support and they were less than helpful, it was like talking to a machine which repeated "Please talk to your IT Academy Manager", no suggestions as to what might be the problem, why I need to talk to the IT Academy manager, how the system works.... The IT academy manager does not know the answer probably because he is getting the same "quality" of support. I would really like to access this material but its certainly not proving easy!

Edit:

Just had a quick look at the forum and there are a lot of views on each of the threads (Might indicate that there are many people looking for answers to their problems with elearning) but few or no replies. It also seems that the majority of the replies are this exact piece of text:

Can you please send your issue details at learnmgr@microsoft.com with the following detail’s?

-First Name

-Last Name

-Live ID you used to login to E-Learning

-16 Digit Hex PUID

16 Digit Hex PUID –

•  
      • Go to the following site:  https://account.live.com/SummaryPage.aspx
      • Sign-in to Windows Live.
      • Click on Account Summary (in the left nav)
      • Click on Registered Information (Above Password Reset Information)
      • This will open up to your profile data. 
      • Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you will see the words: Unique ID: [16 digit HexPUID]
      • Copy that 16 digit number paste it into this email.

-Course Name and Number you are referring to.

-URL where error/issue encountered.

-Screenshot of the error if you can get.

-Detailed description of the problem.

-Phone number we can reach you at.

-Country you are located in.

Like I said, might as well be talking to a machine or the wall because nobody is really listening to what you have to say. What a disasterous support system. I really expected more from Microsoft.

Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:00 PM
  • Hi,

We are asking people who post their queries related to microsoft learning to email their issue along with the answers to a set a questions to learnmgr@microsoft.com because ,we constantly moniter the mailbox and we will be able to assist you better if you provide answers to  the above stated questions.This will help us to understand the issue you are facing and provide you with the resolution or direct you to the right team for getting the issue resolved.
    Please email us with the issue details, we will open a ticket for you and reply back to your email with the resolution steps.

Thanks and Regards,
    Priya
    Microsoft Learning Support team
    Friday, January 22, 2010 6:11 AM
  • Hello,

What is that 16 Digit Hex PUID – from where i can get it.
    Sachin Shetty| MCP|MCTS|MCITP| Please remember to mark the replies as answers and Vote as helpful if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.Thank you in advance.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 7:14 AM
  • Hi Sachin,

Go to the following site:  https://account.live.com/SummaryPage.aspx

Sign-in to Windows Live.

Click on Account Summary (in the left nav)

Click on Registered Information (Above Password      Reset Information)

This will open up to your profile data. 

Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you will      see the words: Unique ID: [16 digit HexPUID]

About your unique ID

The unique identifier (ID) is a 64-bit number that Windows Live assigns to you at registration. Windows Live stores your unique ID in a cookie on your computer.

When you sign in to a site or service that requires a Windows Live ID, Windows Live encrypts and sends this unique ID to the site to determine whether you are the same person from visit to visit. Sites can use your unique ID to maintain your settings and preferences every time you return.

If you close your account, Windows Live does not reuse your unique ID. If you open a new account, you'll get a new unique ID.

Note

You need to accept this cookie on your computer to be able to sign into sites and services that require a Windows Live ID. For more information, see You can't sign in to a website or service.

Thanks
    Suresh
    Microsoft Learning Support Team

Monday, February 8, 2010 3:24 PM