Is there a standalone download of the Microsoft ATS Engine? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having a problem with Remote Assistance and have found the "Diagnose and fix Windows Firewall service problems automatically" Fix-It tool.  The first time I tried, I got an error during the PowerShell download stage, so I downloaded and installed it manually.  I then ran the Fix-It again, and this time got an "unexpected error" while downloading the MATS.  I think my work firewall settings are preventing the Fix-It from downloading what it needs to run.

Is there a standalone download of the Microsoft ATS Engine?

I'm running WinXP SP3 in a corporate Active Directory domain where Remote Assistance works on every one of my colleagues' PCs.

(My Remote Assistance probably stopped working because of a defective software install - I'm an IT Support Analyst.  Also, while trying to fix my R/Assist, I've become very conversant with Terminal Services, Remote Desktop Help Session Manager service, Windows firewall, etc.)

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer,

John MacAulay

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 6:24 PM

All replies

• Hi John, 

Thanks for your posted. May I know, do you make sure you have already installed .net framework version of 2.0 or 3.5. 

Q: 'Is there a standalone download of the Microsoft ATS Engine?'  A: I'm sorry there is no standalone download of the Microsoft MATS Engine. The MATS full name is 'Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Service', it as a windows service to check the 'Fix it Center' application's run environment conditions. Run 'Fix it center' conditions was need Pwoershell 1.0 and .Net framework 2.0/3.5. 

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 5:31 AM
  • Yan, I beg to differ, when I install the "Diagnose and fix Windows Firewall service problems automatically" (this machine cannot access the internet due to an issue with BFE etc)  it says its going to d/l the ATS Engine (see picture here ) and this failed (i wonder why :P)

This is Vista and there is no service listed as Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Service.

Please supply download link for this so we can use this tool and hopefully get our busted vista systems back online.

Greg

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:39 PM
  • Hi John,

Thanks for your posted. Do you make sure your machine can connect the internet when you installing the "Diagnose and fix Windows Firewall service problems automatically" troubleshooter?  Please verify your machine have been connect internet correctly. Because of when you installing troubleshooter that troubleshooter need download and install some Pre-Environment. Because of if you installing  'troubleshooter' before, it need download and install some Pre-Environment. The ATS or MATS is one of them. 

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:47 AM