none
SQL Server 2008, 70-433 Exam Results RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I did this exam (MCTS: SQL Server 2008, 70-433 Exam) for the second time but I failed. Although I did better than last time and the report is proofing that, but I don't Know how they are scoring the answers.

Can any once dum his opinions here.

Thanks a lot..

bye
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 10:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

as far as I know there is no official information about the scoring of information that was published by Microsoft and it should also be something that is under NDA.

But after each exam you get a report about the sectional results and this should be used so you can see where you are missing information.

And how did you prepare? I was preparing by a lot of practice. I wanted to play around as much as possible. And my Sectional Results really showed, where I was very active and where I practiced less. (So "Implementing Tables and Views" and "Working with XML Data" was simply maxed where for example "Working with Additional SQL Server Components" wasn't that strong ...)

So when preparing, I can only recommend:

- The Self-Paced Training Kits I read so far was all good. (But keep in mind that just reading the book does not give you the ability to anwer all questions!)

- I liked the practice Tests (MeasurUp and SelfTestSoftware are both linked by Microsoft and they are both gold certified partners!)

- Practice, practice, practice. Most people remember stuff best by simply doing it. So I always liked to get my hands on a subject.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:08 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

as far as I know there is no official information about the scoring of information that was published by Microsoft and it should also be something that is under NDA.

But after each exam you get a report about the sectional results and this should be used so you can see where you are missing information.

And how did you prepare? I was preparing by a lot of practice. I wanted to play around as much as possible. And my Sectional Results really showed, where I was very active and where I practiced less. (So "Implementing Tables and Views" and "Working with XML Data" was simply maxed where for example "Working with Additional SQL Server Components" wasn't that strong ...)

So when preparing, I can only recommend:

- The Self-Paced Training Kits I read so far was all good. (But keep in mind that just reading the book does not give you the ability to anwer all questions!)

- I liked the practice Tests (MeasurUp and SelfTestSoftware are both linked by Microsoft and they are both gold certified partners!)

- Practice, practice, practice. Most people remember stuff best by simply doing it. So I always liked to get my hands on a subject.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:08 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you Konard for your help.
    bye
    • Marked as answer by Harreni Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:16 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Harreni Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:16 PM
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:16 PM